Monday, March 5, 2007

Where does the time go?

The weekends seem to be gone in a flash!!! Must be true, time flies when you're having fun :)... Daddy, Jackson and I sure had fun this weekend... it was Jackson's first trip to the PARK! :) Boy did he love the swing -- he was kicking those piggies and doing his little screaming bursts like crazy -- Cousin Katie came with us too - Jackson sure does loves to play with his cousins! I remember when Katie was as big as Jackson - haha!! Anyways - since the weather was beautiful, we spent the day walking around Manchester with Jackson and Scooter... I cannot WAIT for spring!!!!!

Daddy putting Jackson in the swing.....



SWIIIIIIINGING!!!!



Check out the grin!!!!



Cousin Katie showing Jackson how to drive!!! ;)



Now..... That was just a bit of a tease since it is going to be -5 tomorrow!! Now I know some of you in warmer weather are laughing at us right now but to be honest, its not that bad -- its not that bad because now we share it with a little bundle of joy who has discovered the magic of snow!!!!!! Last week after we had a snow storm we all played outside all bundled up...

Our little buddy Aidan and his awesome Mommy Bethany let us borrow one of their FANTASTIC sleds from L.L. Bean... (now mommy wants one for Jackson!!!) Its one of those glider ones.. so freakin cute! Aidan has his name engraved in his from his grandparents -- what a great idea! Anyways - we bundled the boys up (Janssen, Jackson and Aidan) and headed out to circle the yard........for hours! But they loved it so we just stayed outside... Then Rick came over and Gracie came home from school.. and if their was a way to upload movies from your phone I would SO be putting it on here... BUT since I'm not that tech savvy you'll just have to settle for the story...

Little Jacksonbear all bundled up in the sled!



How cute is Aidan!!!




Janssen is king of the mountain!



Imagine this: Jackson in the back of the sled, Janssen in the front and Gracie hanging off the back laying on her belly... RICK is RUNNING around the yard dragging the kids behind him in the sled (and Gracie holding on) as they are all screaming and giggling!!!! Now isn't that the magic of winter!! It was priceless...I was standing out of the way with tears rolling down my face - it was a riot! maybe one day I'll figure out how to put it up... The other funny part about all that was Jacksons little face.. hahha.. he was like ummmmmmm guys??? WHAT is going on??? he was stiff as a board in his little snowsuit - unable to move an inch! haha... it was awesome.

Whew. On another note -- I apologize for the lack of pictures/crisp pictures that I've been (or not been) putting up.. I've been in a bit of a photography funk and keep getting discouraged by the shots I'm getting (or not getting!!) so I've fallen a bit behind the ball... BUT - Due to a WONDERFUL inspirational post by a fellow photographer I have gained a bit of confidence back and will try to throw myself out there a bit more in order to get to where I want to be artistically. After all, isn't that how we get better by practicing all the time!?!.... So I am going to try to limit the amount of pictures I have up - instead of posting a bunch of okay (and a lot technically wrong) images, I'm going to try to a few really good shots.. at least thats my hope!

Anyways -- I have a few I feel alright about at the moment... on top of the fact that i THINK i figured something out in PSE -- and THAT could be huge!! CC welcomed on any of the images...

Whoa photography ramble.. haha... Now back to Jackson!!! He sure has been a busy boy lately... I was looking through his baby's first year calendar the other day filling in parts of his babybook when I really realized HOW fast the last two months have been... just a few days changes his development COMPLETELY! He only started sitting up from laying on his belly on the 19th - now he is pulling himself up and standing holding on to things -- not to mention crawling up stairs already!!!! I can't believe he is 9 months old already.. where did my little Jackaroni go??? Tonight he fell asleep before bed in my arms -- he didnt have a second nap due to a crazy schedule so he was exhausted... Rick and I just stared at him counting our blessings to have such a beautiful, healthy, happy baby boy... (Damn it! where was the camera then!??!?) I sat in the glider with him sleeping in my arms for about 10 more minutes with tears streaming down my face (wow i cry a lot!!) thinking how lucky I am that he chose me to be his mommy ... looking at his little face makes my heart skip a beat... gosh, i love him.

alllllright -- I have a few more things to edit and a few emails to respond to before 24 is on... i wonder what Jack Bauer is up to tonight!!

Hugs to you all....

3 comments:

Jaidean said...

Love these pictures - how fun!

Jennifer said...

Cute pictures, looks fun! This is the one thing I feel like Devin misses out on is playing in the snow. Although I love the warm weather, I would love to get him out in a sled.

Michelle said...

Aww, you can really see how much fun he was having!! The weekends really do fly by. I always think, "I just need ONE more day!"