Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tuck Everlasting...

Remember that book (well some of you will remember the movie, but the book was WAY better.)

I'd like so of that potion right now I think!! My little boy is growing up WAY too fast......

I am in the middle of trying to do too many things at once... BUT... we had to get some new pictures up! and THESE pictures are SUPER special... know why..............

BECAUSE THEY ARE OF OPENING BIRTHDAY PRESENTS OF COURSE!!!!!!!!! We have Mr. Jacksonbear's birthday party on Saturday. its at a beach/park so stop what you're doing right now and go do a 'no rain' dance for me please. The anxiety of new england weather isn't helping!!! as of now it says 'PM thunderstorms' ... we are hoping for 'no rain or thunderstorms before 2pm' :) so go ahead -go do a dance for us. thanks.


Can you BELIEVE IT??? I can't... really. i can't.

This time last year I was in LABOR. LAST YEAR. A WHOLE YEAR AGO. Its crazy to think about a year ago today -- we went to Richardon's Ice Cream and Mini Golf and played a round of golf -- we got ice cream and i was complaining that I just didnt feel right.. little did I know THAT was CONTRACTIONS! haha... I remember that butterfly feeling - thinking about how this was really happening and we were REALLY about to have a baby.. what would he look like? would he know how much we love him? would he be the healthy baby boy we had been praying for? would he have mommy's nose or daddy's eyes? all the fears, excitment, giggles, tears - all the emotions we had been experiencing -- he was about to meet us - the ones he chose to be his parents!!! I will never forget that feeling of holding him in my arms for the first time. it was as if he was there forever.. it was as if i had always been his mommy.. it was as if someone whispered in my ear - 'this is why you were born.' he is my purpose - he is the reason i am here.

the days and weeks to follow were such a blur... our friends and family were so good to us - checking in- brining food - letting us sleep for an hour at a time! we are so blessed to have such amazing people around us - we are so grateful for each and every one of you. everyone said it was hard but really - it was H.A.R.D. man, it really was tough. The post-partum - the hormones- the 'i dont know what you want!' .... it was all perfect. i've dreamed of the day i would be a mommy. i used to tell people when i was 5 years old 'i want to be a mommy when i grow up.' no lawyer or doctor. a mommy. the greatest job in the whole wide world. i am SO grateful every single day i was given the chance to have my dream come true. i could just squish that little boy to pieces i love him so much!!! its hard to imagine loving another one this much - and i know you do - but your heart is just so full of love it could burst -- its hard to imagine how much love your heart can hold when you have another child. (NO, NOT ANOTHER ONE JUST YET!!!) hehe....

I was putting jackson to bed tonight and he snuggled into my shoulder - whispered 'mamamamamamam' a few times and then snuggled into his lovey. of COURSE it brough tears to my eyes - it was a moment i wanted to freeze in time - it just hit me today, he is growing up WAY too fast. With every month that passes he learns more, grows more, comes into his own.... my little baby is a big boy :( I swear some days time seemed to creep by, now it seems i blink and months have passed! i think about the weeks leading up to this time last year and we couldnt fill the days fast enough!! now i want to stop time all together and hold my baby forever!!! But, I guess this is part of the deal when you have babies...they grow up to be toddlers.. thats as far as im getting for now... a big boy is too old right now!! :)

The last few weeks Jackson has REALLY grown up-- he is SO funny- has SUCH a personality and has REALLY come out of his shell... we can't wait for you all to see him this weekend! :) We cant wait to celebrate -- mom and dad survived the first year!!! yahoo!!!!!! so i guess whether im ready or not, jackson will be one tomorrow... wow. thats scary!!!!!! :-P

So Jackson David... You are the light of our lives, you are the reason we were put on this Earth. You fill our days with your glowing spirit and remind us of what is important. You have given us many more gifts then we could ever thank you for. You have taught us more in a year then we have learned in 29. We love you with every ounce of our being - we will protect you and guide you forever. Thank you for making us the happiest we've ever been.

Happy first birthday my love bug... mommy and daddy love you.

My mom gave this to me and I give it to you...........

"There are two lasting things we give our children. One is roots and the other is wings"

NOW FOR THE PICTURES!! I had a LOT of creative fun ideas to do with these pictures but i dont have the time... this party thing is a LOT of planning!!!!!

........... so here they are! :)

Jackson's newest favorite breakfast... Whole Wheat Cin.Rasin toast with cream cheese!!!! mmmmmmmm



Jackson had his first taste of opening presents today -- we got an AWESOME package from AZ!!! Mrs. Blum sent little bear birthday presents and of COURSE we HAD to open them right then and there!!

As you can tell - jackson LOVES them!! Thank you so much Alie --You are the best!!!!! Jackson sure was psyched to open some presents ... and yours were the first!!!!!! :) (isnt that the best when you get presents BEFORE your actual birthday!! Love that!!)

Tearing the paper is the BEST part!!


If only this was a video -- Jackson was dancing away to the music -- he wiggles back and forth and cracks up - its a riot!!


BOOKS!!! OUR FAVORITE!!! And BIG BIRD no less!! SWEET!


These are just too cute - and the best part is - Jackson has this turtle that they all attach to as well!! Nice pick girlie :)



Now look at these pictures, and tell me he's not a big boy!!! (****WWWAAAAHHHHHHH*****) I took these this morning while we were playing in his room....










Couldn't you just EAT HIM UP?!?!?!?!

off to give him a smooch and giggle at his little bum that sticks up in the air when he sleeps on his belly now... we'll have to put a picture of that up soon!! haha...

Thanks for picking us little bear....

Until after the big birthday bash... be well...

KS ..xoox

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Jackson!

This was such a beautiful post, Keri. I can totally relate to it all, as I know you know! I hope you are having a wonderful time today celebrating your little man, and your first year of motherhood. I agree- it is the best and most important job in the world.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!

I'm glad he enjoyed opening his gifts! I can't believe how big he is. I hope you are enjoying the big day with him! :-)

Zoom-Bug Photography said...

Holy moly...1 already! I still remember you texting me the week before asking me what to do to help start your labor faster haha...that seems like just yesterday! He's such a handsome little man and the perfect example of what you and Rick share :-) Happy Birthday, Jackster!

~Courtney